Trees For Tomorrow is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT COORDINATOR - Now accepting applications!
Trees For Tomorrow, a nonprofit organization located in Eagle River, is seeking a full time community engagement coordinator to assume the duties of marketing, event planning, membership and special projects as assigned.
Start date: January 2017
Reports to: Execitive Director and Operations Manager
Salary: Competitive wage plus benefits. Commensurate upon experience.
Hours: Full-time, non-exempt, 40 hours/week on-site
Events (Golf Outing Fundraiser, Forest Fest, Banquet Fundraiser)
- Event coordination and planning
- Fundraising, sponsorship and donation cultivation
- On-site management of events
- Volunteer coordination
- Advertising - design, layout and placement
- Newsletter layout
- Social media management - increase the presence and quality of our social media usage
- Website management and maintenance
- Liaison with area media outlets
- Press Releases - writing and dissemination
- Renewal process
- Cultivation of new individual public members
- Communications with members and alumni
- Database maintenance
Special Projects and Other Duties
- Assist with fundraising efforts (communications, marketing, social media, etc)
- Update outreach collateral/brochures
- Website re-development and maintenance
- Front office assistance as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Required skills and experience:
- Marketing and Communications - AS, BS, or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Layout and design experience
- Software: Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Suite, Social Media (including Hootsuite, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
No phone calls accepted.
FOOD SERVICE and HOUSEKEEPING ASSISTANT - Now accepting applications!
Trees For Tomorrow is seeking a part-time Food Service and Housekeeping Assistant
Start date: Position open until filled
- Preparing meals and beverages
- Serving breakfast, lunch, dinner, and/or snacks to guests
- Cleaning the dining and kitchen areas
- Setting up and cleaning dorms
- Cleaning administrative offices and classrooms
- Other duties as assigned by Head of Housekeeping and Operations Manager.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to plan, cook and serve groups of 20-100 people
- Attention to detail
- Good health habits as required by state law
- Ability to work cooperatively with others but also be willing and able to work independently
- Willing to work early morning, afternoon, evening, and/or weekend hours
- Passing a background check
- High school diploma or GED
- Association with a well-established natural resources specialty school.
- Varied schedule.
- Participating in special events.
- Hours will vary throughout the year and may average 10-20 hours per week most weeks. Some weeks there will be minimal hours, while other weeks there may be 30+ hours.
Apply in person 8am-4pm at Trees For Tomorrow, 519 Sheridan Road East, Eagle River, WI 54521.