12th Annual Scholarship Golf Outing
May 30, 2014, at the Eagle River Golf Course
Two Green Bay men took first place in the Gross Division of the 12th Annual Trees For Tomorrow Scholarship Golf Outing, and two visitors to the area won the handicapped division.
The event attracted 96 golfers from throughout Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula, and raised $11,663 for student scholarships.
Marc Prosser and Dick Leiterman, both of Green Bay, won the Gross Division in the two-person scramble with a score of 68. Randy and Jared Hankins, a father-son team visiting from River Grove, Ill., won the Blind Bogey (handicapped) Division with a score of 61.
Other winners were:
- Second place, Gross Division: Mike Ryan of Kingsford, Mich., and Norb Haas of Norway Michigan.
- Second place, Blind Bogey Division: Mark Martin of Shawano and Doug Thompson of Luxemburg.
- Longest putt (two contests): Rusty Wolf of Eagle River and Jared Hankins of River Grove, Ill.
- Longest drive (women): Lucy Farrell of Conover.
- Longest drive (men): Cody Hankins of River Grove, Ill.
- Closest to the pin (in two): Harold Vastag of Oneida.
- Closest to the water without going in: Bill Kotarski of De Pere.
The annual golf outing provides scholarships to students who otherwise might not be able to attend Trees For Tomorrow. These scholarships help reduce the price for students enabling them to experience the beautiful Northwoods and learn about the natural resources on which humans rely.
Next year's Scholarship Golf Outing will take place Friday, May 29th. Check back in early 2015 for registration information.
All proceeds support natural resources education for our youth!
2012 10th Annual Golf Outing Facebook Photo Album
2011 9th Annual Golf Outing Facebook Photo Album