Pre-Workshop Planning Guide
- Complete a Workshop Planning Questionnaire (Print) or Google Docs and submit it to Cheryl Todea, Operations Manager. Confirmation Contract will be created based on this completed document.
- Begin fundraising activities, if needed. Please see fundraising ideas. Contact Cheryl if you need assistance.
- Return a signed copy of your Confirmation Contract for Services to Cheryl Todea, Operations Manager.
- Arrange transportation to and from Trees For Tomorrow. Confirm if vehicle/bus driver will be staying in Eagle River and providing transportation to and from field sites.
- Arrange for a minimum of 50% of total workshops fees to be paid prior to first day of workshop.
- Select students and chaperones. Follow Trees For Tomorrow’s recommended student and chaperone selection guidelines when making these selections.
- Send home with each participant a copy of the Student/Parent Newsletter. This newsletter contains a What To Bring List.
- Send home with each participant a Student Permission and Health Form. This form must be completed and signed prior to your arrival. Please bring these with you to Trees For Tomorrow. All adult participants are also required to have a completed Adult Health Form. Participants will not be allowed to register without the appropriate completed, signed form. Spanish Student Permission and Health From.
- Work with Rob Wiener, Program Coordinator, on specific program requests. Finalize schedule details at least 6 weeks prior to scheduled workshop.
- For winter ski programs, complete ski information sheets and return completed form to Trees For Tomorrow via fax, mail, or e-mail at least 2 weeks prior to workshop. Share the Winter Dress for Success handout to all participants.
- Look at confirmation contract to confirm which dorms you are assigned to. Contact Cheryl with any specific requests for lodging accommodations. Assign students to dorm rooms if you choose to do so. Tamarack Dorm, Spruce Dorm, Pine Dorm, Hemlock Dorm.
- Let Cheryl know about any major health, behavioral, dietary needs, or food allergies at least two weeks prior to workshop.
- Final workshop invoice will be e-mailed to you within 5 business days of your completed workshop with remaining workshop fees due within 30 days of invoice date.
For Multi-High School Workshops:
- Student selection and final roster should be submitted at least one week prior to your workshop.
- Teacher and Student Responsibilities information sheet should be read over and shared with your students prior to your arrival.
Printable basic workshop planning guide.